Thursday 14 January 2010

Screenshots - DPS

Double Page Spread Screen Shots






The Picture was improtant to the article page as it would set the tone of the article. Its positioning and scale was difficult to to do, so I followed the conevntions by having the picture a full page, as to grab the readers attention.





The title was also difficult to get right, as it had to stand out
against the picture and follow the colour scheme and tone of the rest of the media product. The text itself was hard to choose as it could not be similar to the front cover text as this would ditract from the point of having a unique font for the title. At first, I used a black, but it blended in too much against the picture, I needed it to make a statement.

Therefore, I tried it in red, as this followed the colour scheme dictated from the audience research, and stood out best against the background.
The stand first had to be short and inform the reader what the article was about as this would see if it appealed to them. Used black for the font as this contrasted to the title.
Adding the text was simple enough as the software was easy to use. However, I had to edit what I had wrote as there was too much text to fit onto the page. Also Had to make my first paragarphy smaller and in bold as this followed my publication plan which was based upon my research into the codes and conventions of DPS.



Next I added a quote onto the page, so that I could break up the large asmount of text, making it seem easier to read for the reader. I put the text in black as this contrast with the title. I made the text bigger than the 11pt article writing as this would allow it to stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment