Monday 4 January 2010

Pictures for magazine

Double page spread photographs -


These images were improtant as they went along side my article and anchor the statement of iconic. The models were dressed accroding to the genre and the camera angles were intended to be a bit different. The models are all individual so it sets the photographs off well and the brick wall as the background creates a focal point towards the models.






















































































Front Cover pictures -
This was my first set of contents photos, and I had told the models what to wear so that it was like the rock genre and picked a white background for the location. But the lighting turned out to be unflattering to the models and did not covey the rock genre. Also, the background made it difficlut to put ona magazine, and I did not want to change it to a gradient coloured background as this sometimes looks unproffesional. Therefore, I decided to retake the photos outside for better lighting and agasint a brick wall so that it would be easier to impose upon a magzine.





















































































































































































































































































Contents page photographs -
For theses I needed to capture an older audiecne by using an 'iconic rock star' to anchor a feature artilce I have. This was difficult as the background was hard to choose, I wanted casual, home like so that it looked as if the rock star had left the life of rock. Moreover, I needed a band for another article, this one I found easier to do, as I used people of my age to convey the youth of the band. Also I had the background for a brick wall so that the lighting was good. And it conveys a sense of attitude particular when taken from an angle.



































































Contents images -




















































Front Cover picture - redone.

I decided to redo my pictures, after deciding I did not like the background and lighting on the first set of front over images.
















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment