Tuesday 12 January 2010

Screen shots of magazine front cover

Whilest I was completing my work in photoshop for my front cover, I took screen shots of my progress and elements that I changed throughout in order to make my magazine compliement the rock genre that I have chosen. In additon, while making my magazine, it was important to follow the codes and conventions of a music magzine from earlier research, and constanly refer to the chosen magazine of study, follow my publication plan and use feedback from questionarie. The latter point, influenced major attributes to the fineshed design such as the colour scheme, price and genral layout. This was important as the questionarie estblished my target audience thus making the feedback valuable to the magazine design.















Used black text to see if it would work alongside the other coverline but this removes attention fromt he title which is black.

Also I have changed the texture of the coverlines to be more bold and embossed upon the page which corresponds with the main coverline thus creating a link between texts. It also makes a bold statement by mixing two of the colours together - black and red so it looks more appealing as it follows the feedback directly.





It was difficult to place the main cover line as it needed to be central to create a symentrical appeal to the magazine. As part of the feedback the layout was a positive aspect to the magzines on the market today, so I decided to mirrior some elements this, by looking at 'classic rock' and 'rolling stone'.

I added the detailing to the magzine, such as bar code, price and the positioning statement as these were important to following the conventions.



My final production image






No comments:

Post a Comment